Adjusting Back to the North pt.2

Wednesday, August 6, 2008
And of course, there is always a flip side

The things I love about being back in the North

#5: The scenery. The scenery of the North is just amazing. I have never seen anything like it in all of my life (well.... I did see a good chunk of it last year .. but you know what I mean)

#4: The pace of life. Things are much simpler up here in the North. We take it one day at a time. If something doesn't get accomplished or finished today, there is always tomorrow (although that can be a little stressful at times, especially when you are trying to get things done before a deadline)

#3: The temperatures. It is sooo much better up here! I've gone from +45 down to +10. It has been great! I love the southern summer's don't get me wrong, but +45 and a humidex is just gross. I'll go for the cooler days of the North any time.

#2: My Job. Yes everyone. I love my job. Although it was never my original plan to become a teacher (I always wanted to be a forensic pathologist ... but those dreams were squashed after I flunked both biology and chemistry during my first year of university. I imagine I would ace those courses now that I've 'grown' up a little). It was only after trial and error and a little bit of ok, what do I want to do did teaching come to light. It was a struggle to get to where I am now, but it's been good to me so far! I do have to admit though, it's been a tough choice between following a career in teaching or a career in Marketing ... I'm still trying to combine the two.

#1: The people. Everyone up here has been so welcoming and are thrilled that I am back for another year. It's a great feeling being told "welcome back!".

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree +45 with a humidex is gross, but the triple digit temperatures in Nevada are even worse! There, they even have to cool the pool water!