If Life Were a Soundtrack

Monday, January 21, 2008
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.


Here we go .... this may be scary ... I am putting my faith in you iTunes.

Opening Credits: Endless - Dave Gahan (Hourglass)

Getting Up: The Party's Crashing US - Of Montreal (The Sunlandic Twins)

First Day In School: The Importance of Being Idle - Oasis (Don't Believe the Truth)

Falling In Love: My One and Only Love - Chris Botti (To Love Again)

Hurt: It's a Good Life if You Don't Weaken - Tragically Hip (In Violet Lights)

Fight Song: The Mark Has Been Made - Nine Inch Nails (The Fragile)

Breaking Up: Your Next Bold Move - Ani Difranco (Reckoning)

Prom: Step on my Old Size Nines - Stereophonics (Just Enough Education to Perform)

Life's OK: Rough Around the Edges - Teitur (Poetry & Aeroplanes)

Mental Breakdown: Hold On - Sarah McLachlan (Fumbling Towards Ecstacy)

Driving: Porcelain - Moby (Play)

Flashback: Sentimental Scar - Iris (Awakening)

Getting Back Together: Time Stands Still (Tonight) - De/Vision (World Without End)

Birth of a Child: Little Things - Chantal Kreviazuk (Color Moving and Still)

Wedding: How My Heart Behaves - Feist (The Reminder)

Final Battle: Fearless - Matthew Good Band (Last of The Ghetto Astronauts)

Death Scene: Pie Jesu - Sarah Slean (Universe)

Funeral: Always Remember - Train (For Me It's You)

End Credits: Rebel Rebel - David Bowie (Diamond Dogs)


Not a bad Soundtrack to life! Good thing iTunes knows me so well (but with over 23,000 songs, I wonder how it does that so well?).
I challenge you, the readers to do the same. What is your Life Soundtrack?

(Thanks for this idea Corey!!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have way too much time on your hands.

Clare said...

What's the song for being nominated for Best New Blog in the Nunies?

Kennie said...

lol - let me rev up itunes and find out! .... and iTunes has nominated "Tomorrow Never Knows" by the Beatles. I think my computer is getting to know me a little too well :-)