My Polar Bear

Friday, December 14, 2007
Ever since I moved here to the North, I have been trying to find two things. One was a Dancing Bear with "attitude" ... well, a Dancing Bear that at least "talks" to me (yes, I know. Kennie, an inanimate object cannot talk to you. Duh, I realize that, but like any art form, it does speak to the viewer, and I am looking for one that speaks to me). Second, a Polar Bear carving. Number two has been crossed off the list this evening.

One of the local carvers here in town, JN (the same carver who I bought the Seal from), brought me my Polar Bear carving today. When I got the Seal, I mentioned to him that I was looking for a Polar Bear with attitude and gave him a quick sketch of what I was looking for. I have to say, the carving is excellent! And I now have my Polar Bear with Attitude.

Polar Bear




4 comments:

jen said...

Looks like he really stuck his 'neck' out for you....harr har

I see you used your mac book to shoot on...good choice there! lol The white of the apple blends nicely with the colour of the bear...:)

Kennie said...

Well, it was either my mac book or the top of the tv ... the mac book was closer to me :-)

Shelagh said...

He's beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Both carvings are awesome! You'll have to get a display shelf now. You can't just put them anywhere.