It's been a while....

Thursday, October 4, 2007
Well, I made it back into Arctic Bay in one piece Tuesday night. It was touch and go for a while, considering that the flight crew as we were boarding decided to let it slip to a couple of us that landing in Nanisivik may not happen because of the weather and that we should be prepared to be staying in Resolute..... and then worse case scenario we would be on a trip back to Iqaluit.


But I'm back, and glad to be back here in Arctic Bay. It's always nice to get home again after a conference trip. The kids were all excited and happy that I was back in town running up to me and giving great big hugs (I'm still getting used to little kids running up and just giving hugs, smiling and then running away in the other direction).

Things have settled down at school as well. Were all back into a normal routine. We are having a graduation for 4 students tomorrow, so that will be a nice event - my first Northern graduation! Now... all I have to do is remember where I put my battery charger for my camera ... hmmm....

1 comments:

Juanasi Akumalik said...

I'm glad you made it back home! I know that, although Ottawa was not my real home, it was always nice to go home after travelling in the north.

First Air tends to provide "those green stickies" on to your airline ticket and those stickies usually say that they are not responsible for accommodations, etc. In fact, they will automatically "stick it", even at the Ottawa airport if you are travelling to Nanisivik....

I usually tell them that if I am travelling to Nanisivik that pls do not give me a green sticker...

Have a good long weekend!