Let's Get Ready to RUUUUUMMMMMBLE!

Saturday, December 6, 2008
Yesterday afternoon during the last period of the day, we had a spur-of-the-moment, Staff vs. High School Students volley-ball match. Yes, you are reading that correctly - staff vs. students.

Around 2:45 everyone piled down into the gym to watch the chaos. I figured, ok, these high school kids are going to take our heads off with the volley-balls (as I know when I was in high school and we had anything to do with staff vs. students, we always brought out the 'big guns' and tried to inflict as much damage on our teachers as we could - usually with the purpose of revenge in mind). That didn't happen here though.

The younger grades covered the walls of the gym, watching with great interest, the game - we teachers even had a pretty impressive cheering squad from the younger kids with them yelling "teachers! teachers! teachers!" every time we scored against the high school students (it was quite cute).

We teachers made some good plays against the high school students (I don't think they thought we had it in us :-) ), and likewise, they made some pretty good plays against us too. Don't really know who won, but everyone left with a smile on their face.

I did have a camera down in the gym for pictures, and I'll post them as soon as I get back to school (as I left the camera there).

0 comments: