Entertainment in the North

Monday, November 3, 2008
In the North, you often wind up with a lot of free time on your hands after work (and some times during work too .... but that just gives you an opportunity to get ahead and organized for the future). Many of us teachers up here are well stocked in entertainment - DVD's galore, gaming consoles of all sorts, books, and more music than what we really know what to do with.

However, I am now going through the "let's watch this season of show abc again". i don't mind re-watching my tv series up here, as there is always something that you missed the first five times you watched it. Currently, I am working on Season 4 of 24 ... and I don't have too much longer to get through Season 5 and 6 before Season 7's premier in a couple of weeks. Although I do have many DVD's (movies and show's) here with me in the north, every now and then, a teacher needs to get new DVD's to watch.

I have just finished pre-ordering some new movies and tv series ... and hopefully I should have them by the time Christmas break rolls around so I will be able to sit back, relax, pop a dvd (or 6) in the player and just zone out. So what did Kennie order for the Christmas viewing season? X-Files: I want to Believe (I am an X-Philie, I lived for this show for 9 years, and still do), Wall-E and Series 2 of Torchwood (and once the price drops, I'll probably be getting Series 3 & 4 of Doctor Who ... and once I find out what my mom is sending up for Christmas I'll most likely be ordering in CSI Season 8 ... unless I get it for Christmas).

And to make it even more awesome, Kara is going to be sending me over some Six Feet Under once she's done watching it! In return I'm sending over some Grey's Anatomy. Aren't we good to each other in the North?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I swear by CDs.....an insane number of CDs plus a few travel books. I've found that the dark season spent in a small community is perfect for getting all manner of indoor projects done that need a lot of time and patience.

....and can I borrow CSI Season 8 if you happen upon it? I know you mentioned it to me once earlier but I'm too lazy at the moment to walk next door and ask - I blame the dark season of course.

Jennith said...

Time after work... sigh.. I'm still marking bio tonight... I'm going to hit my mandatory sleep deadline before I'm done... maybe next year I'll rediscover that critter called bordom...

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

You are going to love six feet under!! It is so damn dark!

Kennie said...

Darcy .. you mean season 7 right? Don't got my hands on 8 yet ... but once I do, I don't mind sharing :-)

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

Grrr my computer hates me. I can offer up Ice Road Truckers - Season one to the interprovincial movie swap. I've have Season 2 by the end of the month.